Curt 12036 Class 2 Trailer Hitch for Ford Edge 2007-2014
Part Number: 12036
Product Type: Trailer Hitch
Vehicle Fitment: Ford Edge 2007-2014
Curt class 2 trailer hitches are perfect for adding storage space to your vehicle or towing a small, light-duty trailer. They are typically found on full-size cars, crossovers and minivans. Curt class 2 hitches are made vehicle-specific. This means that each and every towing hitch is designed to custom-fit a specific vehicle application. This ensures dependable towing strength, an integrated look on the vehicle and a streamlined installation. This particular class 2 hitch is made for a custom fit on certain years of the Ford Edge (to verify vehicle compatibility, see application information or use the Vehicle Lookup).
This Ford hitch is rated to tow up to 3,500 lbs. gross trailer weight and 350 lbs. tongue weight. This makes it an excellent choice for towing a small utility trailer, popup camper, boat trailer and many others (never exceed the lowest-rated towing component). It is also the ideal option for adding cargo space to your vehicle with a hitch-mounted cargo carrier or bike rack. Like all Curt custom hitches, this class 2 hitch is stringently tested for safety. We want to ensure you can tow with confidence wherever your destination might be. We test our hitches in-house at our Detroit, MI engineering facility, according to SAE J684.
Like our class 1 hitches, this class 2 tow hitch comes with a 1-1/4" x 1-1/4" receiver tube opening. This industry-standard 1-1/4" receiver is able to accept any ball mount or other hitch accessory with a 1-1/4" shank. It can also accept a hitch tube cover when not in use to keep the hitch receiver clean and dry.
- Engineered with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Protected by a durable high-gloss black powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid A-coat, inside and out
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Made in USA (may include imported hardware)
- Color/Finish: Gloss Black Powder Coat
- Material: Carbon Steel
- Receiver Size: 1-1/4"
- Body Shape: Round
- Drilling Required: Yes
- Weight Carrying Capacity: 3500 lb
- Tongue Weight: 350 lb
- Installation Difficulty: Moderate
- Weight: 29 lb
- Item Requires Shipping
- 1.0 lbs.
- W1.0000” x H1.0000” x L1.0000”
- Free Shipping!
- Free Shipping!
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.