Curt 12053 Class 2 Trailer Hitch for Mercury Cougar/Lincoln Mark VIII 1989-1998
Part Number: 12053
Product Type: Trailer Hitch
Vehicle Fitment: Mercury Cougar/Lincoln Mark VIII 1989-1998
Curt class 2 trailer hitches are perfect for adding storage space to your vehicle or towing a small, light-duty trailer. They are typically found on full-size cars, crossovers and minivans. Curt class 2 hitches are made vehicle-specific. This means that each and every towing hitch is designed to custom-fit a specific vehicle application. This ensures dependable towing strength, an integrated look on the vehicle and a streamlined installation. This particular class 2 hitch is made for a custom fit on certain years of the Lincoln Mark VIII and Mercury Cougar (to verify vehicle compatibility, see application information or use the Vehicle Lookup).
This Lincoln / Mercury hitch is rated to tow up to 3,500 lbs. gross trailer weight and 350 lbs. tongue weight. This makes it an excellent choice for towing a small utility trailer, popup camper, boat trailer and many others (never exceed the lowest-rated towing component). It is also the ideal option for adding cargo space to your vehicle with a hitch-mounted cargo carrier or bike rack. Like all Curt custom hitches, this class 2 hitch is stringently tested for safety. We want to ensure you can tow with confidence wherever your destination might be. We test our hitches in-house at our Detroit, MI engineering facility, according to SAE J684.
Like our class 1 hitches, this class 2 tow hitch comes with a 1-1/4" x 1-1/4" receiver tube opening. This industry-standard 1-1/4" receiver is able to accept any ball mount or other hitch accessory with a 1-1/4" shank. It can also accept a hitch tube cover when not in use to keep the hitch receiver clean and dry.
- Engineered with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Concealed main body for OE look and seamless integration with the vehicle
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Protected by a durable high-gloss black powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid A-coat, inside and out
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Made in USA (may include imported hardware)
- Color/Finish: Gloss Black Powder Coat
- Material: Carbon Steel
- Receiver Size: 1-1/4"
- Body Shape: Square
- Drilling Required: No
- Weight Carrying Capacity: 3500 lb
- Tongue Weight: 350 lb
- Installation Difficulty: Easy
- Weight: 34 lb
- Item Requires Shipping
- 1.0 lbs.
- W1.0000” x H1.0000” x L1.0000”
- Free Shipping!
- Free Shipping!
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.