Curt 15300 Class 5 Xtra Duty Trailer Hitch for Dodge Ram 1500/2500/3500 1994-2002
Part Number: 15300
Product Type: Trailer Hitch
Vehicle Fitment: Dodge Ram 1500/2500/3500 1994-2002
The Xtra duty class 5 trailer hitches go above and beyond in design, capacity and longevity to provide you with a dependable extension of your truck. These heavy-duty hitches are engineered to withstand the rigors of towing the largest of non-commercial trailers, matching the strength and dependability of full-size pickup trucks, vans and SUVs.
The class 5 hitch is made for a vehicle-specific fit to ensure seamless integration and maximum towing power. This particular custom class 5 hitch is designed to mount onto certain years of the Dodge Ram 1500, 2500, 3500 (check the application information to verify that this hitch will fit your specific year, make, model and style). A vehicle-specific design also provides the easiest possible installation, reducing or completely eliminating drilling and modifications. This hitch comes with high-strength grade-8 hardware for a solid mount.
This class 5 Dodge hitch is built with an extra-large main body. The hitch is constructed from high-strength steel, and the center section is made extra-large to achieve the necessary towing capacity for tough jobs. This particular hitch is tested and rated for 16,000 pounds gross trailer weight and 2,400 pounds tongue weight. It can also be used with a weight distribution hitch and is rated to 17,000 lb WD and 2,400 lb WDTW. This makes it the ideal choice for all varieties of heavy-duty trailers -- from full-size utility trailers and equipment haulers to horse trailers and yacht trailers (never exceed the lowest-rated towing component).
The Xtra duty class 5 hitches come with an industry-standard 2" x 2" receiver tube opening. This provides a versatile mount for a variety of heavy-duty ball mounts, pintle hitches, weight distribution hitches and other towing accessories. It can also readily accept a cargo carrier or bike rack for extra storage space. The 2" hitch receiver is equipped with a steel collar for added strength, and the back of the receiver is open to allow for easy clean-out of dirt and debris. To keep the receiver hitch clean, a hitch tube cover can be installed when not use, helping to protect it against grime and corrosion.
- Engineered with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Constructed with a large, powerful main body
- Protected by a durable high-gloss black powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid A-coat, inside and out
- Features wide safety chain openings for heavy-duty hooks
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Made in USA (may include imported hardware)
- Color/Finish: Gloss Black Powder Coat
- Material: Carbon Steel
- Receiver Size: 2"
- Body Shape: Square
- Drilling Required: Yes
- Weight Carrying Capacity: 16,000 lb
- Tongue Weight: 2,400 lb
- Weight Distribution Rating: 17,000 lb
- Weight Distribution Tongue Weight: 2,400 lb
- Installation Difficulty: Moderate
- Weight: 52 lb
- Item Requires Shipping
- 1.0 lbs.
- W1.0000” x H1.0000” x L1.0000”
- Free Shipping!
- Free Shipping!
Total Reviews (0)
You must login to post a review.
Write the First Review!