Curt 15800 Class 5 Trailer Hitch for GMC Sierra 3500 2007-2021
Part Number: 15800
Product Type: Trailer Hitch
Vehicle Fitment: GMC Sierra 3500 2007-2021
Commercial Duty class 5 hitches are designed, manufactured, finished and tested to excel in heavy-duty towing applications, particularly commercial jobs. They are constructed from high-quality steel welded into a powerful frame. The center section is comprised of an extra-large steel body, giving the tow hitch maximum strength for tough jobs. The hitch also mounts into place using grade-8 hardware for solid integration and reliability.
All class 5 trailer hitches are made for vehicle-specific application. The advantages of this approach include a custom fit without any tedious modifications to the vehicle, as well as optimum towing strength to complement your truck. This specific custom class 5 hitch is engineered to fit certain years of the Chevy Silverado 3500, 3500 HD or 3500 Classic, Dodge Ram 3500, 4500 or 5500, GMC Sierra 3500, 3500 HD or 3500 Classic and Ram 3500, 4500 or 5500 (see application information to verify compatibility with the year, make, model and style of your truck).
This GMC hitch is tested for extreme towing, rated for a weight carrying capacity of 20,000 pounds gross trailer weight and 2,700 pounds tongue weight. It also has a weight distribution hitch rating of 20,000 pounds WD and 2,700 pounds WDTW. This makes it ideal for towing all manner of large utility trailers, flatbed equipment haulers, livestock trailers, full-size travel trailers and much more (never exceed the lowest-rated towing component). This class 5 hitch is also equipped with large safety chain loops, providing a solid mounting point for heavy-duty hooks and safety chains for added security on the road.
- Engineered with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Constructed with a large, powerful main body
- Protected by a highly durable carbide powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid A-coat, inside and out
- Features wide safety chain openings for heavy-duty hooks
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Made in USA (may include imported hardware)
- Color/Finish: Carbide Black Powder Coat
- Material: Carbon Steel
- Receiver Size: 2-1/2"
- Body Shape: Square
- Drilling Required: No
- Weight Carrying Capacity: 20000 lb
- Tongue Weight: 2700 lb
- Installation Difficulty: Easy
- Weight: 66 lb