Curt 15845 Commercial Duty Class 5 Trailer Hitch for Ford F-350/F-450/F-550/F-650 1999-2020
Part Number: 15845
Product Type: Trailer Hitch
Vehicle Fitment: Ford F-350/F-450/F-550/F-650 1999-2020
Commercial duty class 5 hitches are designed, manufactured, finished and tested to excel in heavy-duty towing applications, particularly commercial jobs. They are constructed from high-quality steel welded into a powerful frame. The center section is comprised of an extra-large steel body, giving the tow hitch maximum strength for tough jobs. The hitch also mounts into place using grade-8 hardware for solid integration and reliability.
The class 5 trailer hitches are made for vehicle-specific application. The advantages of this approach include a custom fit without any tedious modifications to the vehicle, as well as optimum towing strength to complement your truck. This specific custom class 5 hitch is engineered to fit certain years of the Ford F350 Super Duty, F450 Super Duty, F550 Super Duty and F650 (see application information to verify compatibility with the year, make, model and style of your truck).
This Ford hitch is tested for extreme towing, rated for a weight carrying capacity of 20,000 pounds gross trailer weight and 2,700 pounds tongue weight. It also has a weight distribution hitch rating of 20,000 pounds WD and 2,700 pounds WDTW. This makes it ideal for towing all manner of large utility trailers, flatbed equipment haulers, livestock trailers, full-size travel trailers and much more (never exceed the lowest-rated towing component). This class 5 hitch is also equipped with large safety chain loops, providing a solid mounting point for heavy-duty hooks and safety chains for added security on the road.
To complement the superior towing capacity of this hitch and your truck, all Commercial Duty class 5 hitches come with an industry-standard 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" receiver tube opening. The hitch receiver is strengthened with a steel collar welded into place, and it readily accepts the largest of towing accessories anything with a standard 2-1/2" shank. It is ideal for heavy-duty ball mounts, pintle hitches, weight distribution hitches and more. We also offer reducer sleeves to adapt the 2-1/2" receiver to fit 2" shanks, as well as hitch tube covers to protect the hitch receiver when not in use.
- Engineered with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Constructed with a large, powerful main body
- Protected by a durable high-gloss black powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid A-coat, inside and out
- Features wide safety chain openings for heavy-duty hooks
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Made in USA (may include imported hardware)
- Color/Finish: Gloss Black Powder Coat
- Material: Carbon Steel
- Receiver Size: 2-1/2"
- Body Shape: Square
- Drilling Required: No
- Weight Carrying Capacity: 20,000 lb
- Tongue Weight: 2,700 lb
- Weight Distribution Rating: 20,000 lb
- Weight Distribution Tongue Weight: 2,700 lb
- Installation Difficulty: Easy
- Weight: 74 lb
- Item Requires Shipping
- 1.0 lbs.
- W1.0000” x H1.0000” x L1.0000”
- Free Shipping!
- Free Shipping!
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.