Curt 45280 Class 3 6" Drop Ball Mount for 2" Receiver
Part Number: 45280
Product Type: Ball Mount
Notes: Trailer ball and hitch pin sold separately
Curt class 3, or standard-duty, ball mounts are a step up from classes 1 and 2. They feature a 2" x 2" shank and have a higher weight capacity for towing heavy-duty trailers, including utility trailers, boat trailers, campers, single-horse livestock trailers and most recreational vehicle trailers. With class 3 trailer hitches being the most common type of trailer hitch for pickup trucks and SUVs, the class 3 ball mount, by association, is an excellent complement to this trailer hitch and these larger vehicles (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component; i.e. the vehicle, hitch, trailer, etc).
This particular class 3 ball mount can be used in the drop position to provide a drop of 6", a gross trailer weight capacity of 7,500 lbs. and a tongue weight capacity of 750 lbs. It can also be flipped to provide a rise of 4", a gross trailer weight capacity of 6,000 lbs. and a tongue weight capacity of 600 lbs. It features a length of 14-1/4". Class 3 ball mounts are CNC-formed and robotically welded to ensure unwavering precision and dependable strength in each and every unit. We mechanically descale each one to provide a smooth surface for a long-lasting finish. This class 3 ball mount comes with a durable gloss black powder coat finish to protect against corrosion, scratches, UV damage and more to give it the thick skin it needs to face the road ahead.
- Fits trailer hitches with a 2" x 2" receiver tube opening
- Equipped with a 1" hole to accept a trailer ball shank
- 4" rise or 6" drop for precise trailer leveling
- Hollow shank weighs less and can be used with an anti-rattle kit
- CNC-formed, robotically welded and mechanically descaled for a perfect fit
- Protected by a durable powder coat finish
- Made in USA
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Color/Finish: Gloss Black Powder Coat
- Material: Carbon Steel
- Receiver Tube Size: 2"
- Drop: 6"
- Length: 14-1/4" lb
- Rise: 4" lb
- Hole Size: 1"
- Drop Tongue Weight: 750 lb
- Drop Gross Trailer Weight: 7500 lb
- Rise Tongue Weight: 600 lb
- Rise Gross Trailer Weight: 6000 lb
This part is universal
- Item Requires Shipping
- 1.0 lbs.
- W1.0000” x H1.0000” x L1.0000”
- Flat Rate Shipping
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.